We here at Tender have done a tremendous amount of research to navigate through the COVID-19 crisis. Upon realizing the seriousness of this virus, we have tirelessly worked to help our clients and patients through this time. One enormous part of this was the training of our caregivers to reduce risk at client visits.
We have required all caregivers to be trained on new COVID-19 guidelines and re-trained on universal precautions. They are knowledgeable and ready to take on the disease. The day of a caregiver on the field looks a little like this –
• Wash hands
• Put on protective personal equipment such as masks and gloves
• Assess client for signs and symptoms
• Sanitize and clean all areas appropriately and frequently
• Assess client for essential needs and go out if required
• Sanitize all essential items
• Complete required daily living activities
• Report to status to agency for review
As intense as these last few weeks have been, the caregivers have endured it with grace – continuing to care for their clients who need it and staying on the front line. They have come in to be trained with no complaints and have truly illustrated what it means to be a caregiver. We are fully confident they are able to take on any client’s needs while staying safe at this time.